Saturday, October 14, 2006

Remembering each of you

Sometimes I wonder if it’s all worth anything. All these sacrifices, all these sufferings shouldn’t have been done in vain.

I have good things going for me now, a good job and a great boss. I also have a bit more time taking care of my own things and hobbies. Yet, this hobby of mine, this writing that kept my sanity in check for the past decade makes me wonder where I am now.

Everyone has their own Golgotha. Everyone has a cross to carry up the harsh path up the hill. Sometimes, that fucking hill feels like a mountain and this is one of these times. I stopped to see where I am and the path I’ve gone through. Hell, I normally do that at New Year’s eve but I needed to do that now.

One great thing I’ve learned this week is Jay’s work and dream had gone through. I am honestly proud and glad he had made it. There are a few people I could cheer on and say I’ve felt this way. Funny enough, I only know him through the internet but I feel this rush of happiness for him. He had worked so hard to be where he is. I wish him even more success. You show them, James… Canadians should not be forgotten.

I’ve also exchanged a few notes with Christopher and man, this gentleman amazes me each time I talk to him. Decent, kind and generous with his time, one day, that I come to work with his agency or not, I will keep him updated and in touch. Funny enough, he is also one of the guys I’ve met online and not in real life.

Truth be told, I’ve met a lot of great people online through DD and 2A. Even though, some may think it’s a curse to be a moderator in DD, I see it as a blessing more than anything else. To be able to see the 2 sides of the board made me realize the work the admin/mod team has made throughout the years. Of course, there will always be people who claim otherwise.

Anyhow, this rant was meant to talk about where I was. It’s been a decade I’ve been writing short stories and little adventures. It’s been less than a year I decided to wake up and take screenwriting on. My dream. My life. Sacrifice relationships, parties and time off for something that had grown beyond the hobbies’ realm. I have no regrets.
I’ve heard enough from fellow writers to motivate me. Not the general nod but the personal ones. You know who you are and there are no thanks great enough for the push you have given me. Bless each of your days, Ladies and gentlemen. You do mean the world to me. Too all my readers and those who had taken the time to listen to my ideas and my stories, I give you all a piece of my heart. You are my secret and each time I do write; please do remember I am thinking of each of you.

It’s been a little step forward since February 2006. I haven’t sold yet simply because I have not looked for anything at this point other than to better my skills. I am still there, dear friends and readers, and I promise you that my dream is still alive. This is no farewell note but just a thought I wanted to share with all of you.

So your thoughts, prayers and whatever help you have and will give me will not go unnoticed.

Bless you all.